Thursday, March 26, 2009

INTERCULTURAL READINESS SELF ASSESSMENT


Open-mindedness
Current self estimate: 70
Upon completion of Wuhan, China: 90

I hope to be more open-minded in the future. It will prevent me from being feeling disturbed by what other people are doing in both Singapore or Wuhan. I will try to understand and accept what other people are doing.

Respect for other beliefs
Current self estimate: 80
Upon completion of Wuhan, China: 100

I feel that we must not discriminate other people's beliefs. And I hope to improve more on this skill.

Trust in other people
Current self estimate: 70
Upon completion of Wuhan, China: 90

I tend to not trust strangers in China more than in Singapore. I will tend to be more alert while talking to strangers in China. On the other hand, I trust all my friends from both Singapore and Wuhan. Trust is one of the most important key in doing everything.

Tolerance for discomfort
Current self estimate: 80
Upon completion of Wuhan, China: 90

I always tolerate most of the discomfort I encountered, until I find someone to share about the discomfort. I can do more useful things if I tolerate instead of complaining about it.

Tolerance for ambiguity
Current self estimate: 60
Upon completion of Wuhan, China: 90

I feel doubtful on things that I am not very sure of or familiar with. I must learn to be more firm and do what I think is right. However, I must know what I am doing and not overdo it.

Patience
Current self estimate: 80
Upon completion of Wuhan, China: 95

I am quite a very patient person. I always wait and wait for the right moment to come before I do something. I feel that patience will always lead to success. I must not be hasty and act rashly.

Sense of personal control
Current self estimate: 70
Upon completion of Wuhan, China: 80

Being independent in Wuhan, China, I must learn to control myself in everything that I do.

Interpersonal skills
Current self estimate: 60
Upon completion of Wuhan, China: 80

Interpersonal skill is important to each individual. We must all learn to interact with one another and give everyone a good impression of yourself.

Willingness to take initiative
Current self estimate: 60
Upon completion of Wuhan, China: 80

I do not take initiative very oftenly. This is something I must work on. Opportunites do not always come, and therefore we must all have the initiative to create it.

Willingness to take risks
Current self estimate: 60
Upon completion of Wuhan, China: 90

I often hestimate much before making a risky decision. Being successful often requires one to take risks. Therefore, coming to Wuhan, China, is a good opportunity for me to improve on this skill.

Sense of humour
Current self estimate: 70
Upon completion of Wuhan, China: 80

Sense of humour may also be an important to key in building the bonds between one another. This brings fun and brings one another closer. However, I feel that sense of humour is not a skill that we can improve a lot, it comes naturally.

Curiosity about other cultures
Current self estimate: 90
Upon completion of Wuhan, China: 95

I feel very curious about other cultures such as the cultures in China. I have always wanted to learn about cultures in China and therefore I came to Wuhan. When you have the curiosity, it will motivates you to learn more.

Comfort level with strangers
Current self estimate: 60
Upon completion of Wuhan, China: 80

I often feel uneasy when I am with a stranger especially in Wuhan. Therefore, I must learn to feel easy about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home