Thursday, March 26, 2009

ASSESSMENT ONE



1. From this Overseas Immersion Programme to Wuhan China, I hope to learn about everything about Wuhan China. Example, the historical stories of China, cultures, the lifestyles of the people in China, and how Wuhan is formed. I wanted to learn them to gain more general knowledge of what is happening in China and what happened in the past. They are useful first-hand knowledge which I can share with my family and friends.

I know that Wuhan is the capital of Hubei Province and it is one of the biggest city in China. It consists of Wuchang, Hankou and Hanyang. Furthermore, I also know some popular tourist attractions such as the Yellow Crane Tower and the famous Wudang Mountain.

On the other hand, there are many things that I do not know about Wuhan, such as how it is formed and what made it so popular.

I am personally interested in China like their historical stories and different places. So I feel that my interest will greatly motivate me to learn during this trip.

I will share my learnings with my family and friends, and will encourage them to visit China if the trip is fruitful which I am quite sure of.


2. I will focus more on Art and Culture which I am interested on. I hope to explore the different places such as the Yellow Crane Tower, Wudang Mountain and museums. They are popular places which seemed to be a must-go venue. And I am sure that I can gain lots of knowledge from visiting these places.

Other than Art and Culture, I shall of course not neglect other important points like the social relationships of Wuhan or the student life of the Wuhan University of Science Technology. It is important to know how the people in China earn a living.


3. 1) How is Wuhan formed?

- The reasons on how and why Wuhan is formed.

- What happened before and after it is formed.

- Is Wuhan a good place compared to Singapore?


2) What are the famous historical events of Wuhan?

- Warring states

- Historical places

- Historical characters


3) What are the different cultures in Wuhan?

- What and how they do for different cultures

- What are the difference between the cultures in Wuhan and Singapore?


4) What are the different places in Wuhan?

- What are the famous tourist attractions?

- What are the similarities or differences between Singapore and Wuhan?

- What cultural activities carried out in different places?


5) What are some of the famous food in Wuhan?

- Which are the famous places where they sell nice food?

- What are the difference between Wuhan and Singapore food?


4. 1) Tolerance of discomfort

- Tolerance is one of the most important key that every person should have. We must all learn to tolerate and give in, to make this place a better place for everybody to live in. Since the behavior of the people in China may be different from Singapore, I may feel uncomfortable, so I must learn to tolerate and understand. This skill may not only apply to when you are in a unfamiliar country. Even in Singapore, we must also learn to tolerate discomfort of other people.



2) Willingness to take risks

- I wish to improve in my willingness to take risks because I feel that the society now requires people to take more risks in order to succeed. Since China is not as safe as Singapore, we need to be more extra careful and therefore sometimes we may have to make some risks to do something. Once I am used to take risks, I will be more used to making risking decisions when working in the society. Each decision has its own risks and it your choice to choose whether you want to take it or not. There will be no gain if there is no expectation.



3) Curiosity about other cultures

- One has to have the curiosity to have the motivation to learn more. Therefore I hope I can have more curiosity to learn more about other cultures, understand and gain more general knowledge. With the curiosity, I will be more interested in other cultures and will thus, learn more.


5. There are many ways in which we can learn. We can learn about their culture by interacting with the local students or go to museums to find information. First-hand knowledge is always the best form of knowledge. By going on tours to other places, other than getting knowledge, we can get the experience.

We can also interact with the local students to find out more about Wuhan China histories, culture and their living lifestyle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home